LINE GAMES Corporation, Korea’s premier developer and publisher of entertainment software, announced its 10 new titles coming to mobile, PC and console. Unveiled during the company’s media event ‘LPG (LINE GAMES - Play - Game): with Press’, the huge lineup is set to be released throughout 2019 and beyond.
Established along with LINE’s acquisition of Korea’s leading game developer and publisher NextFloor in August 2018, LINE GAMES is dedicated to enhance its midcore library and accelerate rollout to global markets as it seeks to increase the growth of its gaming business.
As a means to drive its global initiatives, this year October, LINE GAMES has raised KRW 125 billion through third-party allotment to Lungo Entertainment Ltd., founded by global investment firm Anchor Equity Partners (Asia) Limited.
Held in December 12 at Le Méridien Seoul, ‘LPG: with Press’ marked LINE GAMES’ first annual media event to share its global startegies and visions.
“We’re gamers, we’ve started from NextFloor to make make ‘fun’ games that everyone would want to play, and this dream will continue to drive ourselves as we as stand on a new starting line as LINE GAMES,”said Minkyu Kim, CEO of LINE GAMES. “Our goal is to build a solid ‘alliance’ with partner developers and increase our competitiveness in the global market by expanding our scope to embrace diverse gaming platforms.”
LINE GAMES added six new, quality RPG, TCG, Puzzle, and Action Adventure titles to its library, all scheduled to be published worldwide as global builds throughout 2019.
- Exos Heroes (Developer: OOZOO, Global release: 2019) – A Mobile Collectable RPG set in a five vast, magical kingdoms, over 200 unique heroes are brought to life with extraordinary modeling techniques that stylize beautiful original artworks into 3D. Players can enjoy the game to their taste, as the game offers rich contents from immersive scenario quests to refreshing mini games. (Official Trailer)
- Super String (Developer: Factorial Games, Global Release: 2019) – A Mobile Strategy RPG that brings toghether heroes and villains across the eponymous universe of YLAB Comics and Naver Webtoons catalog. Players can build their own squad with protagonists from popular series such as ‘Blade of the Phantom Master’ and ‘Terror Man’, and assemble their skills in turn-based combats, rendered in incredible full 3D graphics. (Official Trailer)
- Dark Summoners (Developer: skeinglobe, Global release: 2019) – A one-handed, real-time Mobile Strategy RPG that gives players full control over their avatar and summoned beasts to scan battlefields and strategically plan their moves. The game features variety of contents, including scenario quests and multiplayer mode that brings three players as a team to hunt gigantic monsters, as well as a PvP arena for players to compete each other’s precision controls and strategic depth. (Official Trailer)
- Ravenix: The Card Master (Developer: OOZOO, Global release: 2019) – A Mobile TCG that will keep even the most skilled card players and strategists entertained. Ravenix requires players to fully stimulate their brains to build and manage their decks from over 200 beautifully illustrated cards, and requires meticulous analysis and simulation over constant card draw and tricky combinations that win matches. (Official Trailer)
- Adventures in WizVille (Developer: INNOAG, Global release: 2019) – A unique match-3 Mobile Puzzle Game for everyone with a focus on social interaction. Illustrating a lovely wizard village, the game takes the genre up a notch by integrating interesting story plots and social platforms for users to share their avatars and homes, which players can decorate with costumes and accessories. (Official Trailer)
- Project PK (Developer: ROCK SQUARE, Global release: 2019) – A high-end Action Survival Adventure developed for mobile devices. Players can explore the unrelenting wilderness inhabited by hostile enemies and monsters, powered by Unreal Engine 4 to offer console-quality experience filled with stunning visual effects and actions. (Official Trailer)
For PC and Console:
LINE GAMES also announced four new PC and console titles ranging from open world MMORPG and Survival MOBA to TPS, and emphasized its plans to continue its journey of ‘fun challenge’ to make great games across all platforms and genre.
- Uncharted Waters Origin (Developer: KOEI TECMO GAMES, Motif, Global release: 2020) – Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the monumental open world series ‘Uncharted Waters’, LINE GAMES and KOEI TECMO GAMES have become partners to develop and service the series’ new MMORPG, Uncharted Waters Origin. Set to be launched globally on Steam and mobile in coming 2020, the game inherits the legacy of KOEI TECMO’s ‘Uncharted Waters 2’, and presents the living world of 16th century of grand expeditions with Unreal Engine 4. (Official Trailer)
- Project NL (Developer: Meerkat GAMES, Global release: 2019) – A Survival MOBA for Steam and mobile, the tentatively titled PC project brings together 100 players in a real-time battlefield. Set in a unique fantasy world painted in elegant pastel color scheme, players will dive into fierce competitions to outlast each other, devising the best strategy possible by levelling up their heroes and making the most of the surrounding environment. (Official Trailer)
- Buried Stars (Developer: Studio Largo, Global release: 2020) – Developed by Studio LARGO from LINE GAMES, Buried Stars is a survival adventure game scheduled to be launched on PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita in 2020, with other platforms to follow. The game’s deep focus on characters’ psychology and their complex human relationships will add weight to the player's decisions that lead to multiple endings, featured with stellar sound design and artworks that seamlessly merge 2D anime-style characters with 3D backgrounds. (Official Trailer)
- Project NM (Developer: Space Dive, Global release: TBD) – LINE GAMES concluded the event with “One more thing,” a trailer featuring the life like in-game scenes of a Third Person Shooter (TPS) PC title with a heavy touch of RPG. Tentatively titled as Project NM, the game will set the cornerstone of LINE GAMES’ PC lineup. (Official Trailer)